Thursday, January 21, 2010

First step, sewing machine...

It's true! I'm on my way to my REAL career. I've just received the first critical step in obtaining my dream of designing my own clothing line--a sewing machine, duh!

Here she is!

The only thing standing in my way now is step two, learning to sew. It just may be more critical than step one. Luckily, I went to the library and checked out a couple books on sewing and I am going to attempt to teach MYSELF how to sew.

Skimming through the books I checked out I realized that it is way more complicated than it seems. It seems an impossible task, but I'm not going to school this semester so I have a lot of time to play around and attempt to sew things...Stuart was like, "I'm going to come home and you'll have sewed two towels together." Hopefully I won't become that desperate...I just need to get some material I can play with, scraps of some sort until I understand and then I can move onto sewing my first piece of clothing! I must say that I owe all of this newfound excitement and confidence to my best friend Jess...she made it happen! She had a friend who didn't want her sewing machine anymore and Jess simply relieved her of it and shipped it to me :) She's the BEST!

So here I go...onto doing what I really would like to do with my life. Keep watching those red carpet events, one day you'll see some celebrity being interviewed about their Julie Briggs gown ;) A girl can dream, can't she?

1 comment:

  1. Like I said...I just wanted the bragging rights :) I cannot wait to see what you make!!

    ReplyDelete